Comprehensive Surgical Care You Can Trust
Our doctors are highly skilled in performing veterinary surgical procedures while using the safest protocols, medications, and monitoring techniques available.
Common surgical procedures we perform include:
- Spays and neuters – Spaying (removing the ovaries and uterus) or neutering (removing the testicles) offers numerous health benefits, including the prevention of deadly diseases and infections, some types of cancer, embarrassing and aggressive behaviors, and prevention of overpopulation.
- Soft tissue surgeries – Tumor removal, abdominal surgery, intestinal surgery, mass and lump removal, biopsies, and splenectomies are just some of the soft tissue surgeries we can perform in-house.
Our surgical procedures include the following accommodations and services:
- The latest technology and equipment to monitor your pet’s vital signs, including ECG, pulse oximetry, thermometers, and more
- Drugs and fluids via an intravenous catheter (as needed)
- Carefully administered injectable anesthesia
- Monitoring by a surgical nurse throughout the entire procedure
- An endotracheal tube to deliver oxygen and anesthetic gas
- Pain management before, during, and after surgery
- Warm blankets
- Comfortable and carefully monitored recovery
- Notification by our staff regarding your pet’s status
- Discussion of post-recovery information and instructions regarding the procedure
Prior to scheduled surgeries, we require a pre-surgical visit to conduct the following:
- A physical examination
- Update any required vaccinations
- Electrocardiogram to screen for possible health issues
If an overnight stay is recommended or required, we also discuss this during your pre-surgical visit. For your convenience, we offer medical boarding for our surgical patients.
On the day of your pet’s surgery:
- Your pet should be fasted the night before surgery. No food should be available/offered after 10 pm the night before surgery. You may provide fresh water up until you leave for your appointment. Drop off your pet between 7:30-8 am.
- You’ll receive a cost estimate for services and will sign any required paperwork.
- Please notify us of any medications your pet may be taking, including details about their last dosage.
- Inform us of any changes to your pet’s health.
- A thorough exam will be performed, and an anesthesia protocol will be administered.
Before arriving for surgery please fill out our Surgical Consent Form.
Call or text us today for more information about surgical services at Pets R Family Veterinary Hospital. Appointments with one of our veterinarians can also be requested online.